Thank you for participating in Wycliffe Bible Translators’ In Other Words!
Rules of the game:
In order to make the In Other Words game fun and fair to all participants, please follow the guidelines below:
- Only one email address allowed per participant.
- Wycliffe Bible Translators reserves the right to revoke an individual’s prizes or game privileges if this rule is not followed.
- Participants may earn more points for sharing with only valid email addresses.
- Participants may opt out of emails/game updates at any time.
- Each participant is eligible to receive only one prize. However, the weekly prize winners are still eligible to win other prizes.
- Participants must be at least 18 years of age.
- Participants in a Wycliffe promotion, resulting in a prize or award, must be 18 or older to win, unless otherwise specified. Satisfactory proof of identification and age must be presented before claiming a prize.
- A person cannot enter on behalf of another person.
- Employees of Wycliffe, Wycliffe volunteers, and persons involved with providing the prize or award, or the immediate families of such employees, volunteers, and persons, are not eligible to win but are encouraged to participate. (A volunteer is defined as someone who works more than 40 hours per year for Wycliffe.)
- Wycliffe Staff and Members will be awarded prizes based solely on number of recruits. For more information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Winners are responsible for any and all taxes associated with winning the prize. Winners will need to sign a W-9 form, provided by Wycliffe, before receiving any prizes valued at more than $600.
- Participants must be U.S. citizens for prizes valued at $600 or greater, unless otherwise specified.
- Prizes have no cash equivalent and are not transferable.
- Wycliffe reserves the right to substitute a prize of similar value in its sole discretion, either before or after a winner has been selected.
- Wycliffe will have the sole discretion to decide any questions concerning the interpretation of rules governing the promotion and the administration of the promotion, and such decisions shall be final.
- The promotion rules may be amended at any time by Wycliffe without prior notice. However, all changes will be published on the Wycliffe website and effective as of that date.
- In the case of a tie, Wycliffe reserves the right to choose the winner by any method it deems appropriate.
- Wycliffe reserves the right to reject or discard any incomplete or confusing entry, and any entry not submitted in accordance with promotion rules.
- No promotion, promotion rules, or explanations thereof shall be construed or implemented in any way that violates applicable laws and regulations.
- Participants will not have any expectation of privacy concerning the information submitted or the announcement of winners. Wycliffe reserves the right to use such information for any purpose as Wycliffe deems appropriate.
- Submission of an entry or response shall constitute acceptance of the promotion rules and waiver of any and all claims against Wycliffe related to the promotion.
- No purchase or donation is necessary to enter.
- Although this game may be played by anyone worldwide, Wycliffe reserves the right to limit airline travel to within the continental United States for the grand prize.
- All Scripture reference are New Living Translation unless otherwise specified.
- Winner must make reservations with MTS Travel as far in advance of the travel date as possible, but no later than 30 days prior to the travel date.
- Blackout dates for peak travel times will apply.
- Other restrictions may apply.
- Redemption of the tickets must be made within one year of notification to winners.
- 4 roundtrip coach/economy class tickets from anywhere in the continental United States to Orlando, Florida.
- Subject to restrictions imposed by the airline.
Players who earn 75 points will be awarded a specially crafted bookmark.
The first 1,000 players who earn 150 points will be awarded a Threads of Hope bracelet made in Southeast Asia.
“Grand-Prize Winner”—Friends of Wycliffe across the world are participating in Wycliffe’s In Other Words. Each participant who was eligible for the weekly leader prize will be placed in a drawing for a chance to be the In Other Words grand-prize winner and win a trip for four to Orlando, Florida, to visit the Wycliffe Discovery Center and other local attractions. In the event that an overall “Top Recruiter” or “Bible Quiz Master” is chosen as the “Grand-Prize Winner” the recipient will have the option between keeping the iPad or forfeiting that prize for the trip to Orlando, Florida.
“Top Recruiter”—Share In Other Words and get your friends and family to sign up. The player who has recruited the most players at the end of the game wins an iPad!
“Bible Quiz Master”—The player who has answered the most questions at the end of the game will have a chance to be the “Bible Quiz Master.” Be sure to check the hints! In the event of a tie, we’ll randomly select the winner of the iPad!
Weekly Leaders—In addition to the overall prizes, an iPod touch will be awarded to the “Top Recruiter” and a Kindle will be awarded to the “Bible Quiz Master” on a weekly basis. If you start the game late, you’re still eligible to win—so don’t worry! Just get playing! Weekly prizes can be won only once by the same person.
*In order to receive prizes, address must be submitted on registration page.
How to earn points:
- Recruit someone to join In Other Words through e-mail, Facebook, or Twitter (2 points).
- Answer the daily questions correctly—one Bible question and one Wycliffe question (1 point for each question answered correctly).
- Translate the Verse of the Day (1 point).
- Click “Bonus Points” each day to see how many extra points you will receive.
- Turn on “Autopilot” to post automatically to Facebook (5 points).
- Complete game profile (3 points).
- Sign up using Facebook (5 points).
Earn Bonus Points
- Each day of In Other Words, we will award bonus points to each gamer who visits their Game Dashboard. Simply press the button to instantly earn bonus points—and make sure you come back every day!
- Check back once the contest begins to start earning your daily bonus points.
All costs associated with this new campaign are being underwritten by a friend of the ministry, whose intent is to increase awareness and education in Bible translation among new and current friends across America.